Group Information Technology Officer
Job Department: Information Technology
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Barbados
Career Level: Experienced Professional
Your role: The role of an Information Technology(IT) Officer is to assist the IT team with the overall development, maintenance and administration of the Group’s IT network infrastructure and hardware and software systems; and to provide IT support to clients by monitoring systems, resolving issues, and evaluating and recommending improvements. An IT Officer will offer the following key services amongst others:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, operating systems, and applications
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Providing support via troubleshooting, diagnosing, and solving hardware and software faults; and administering users’ accounts, profiles, and access
- Communicating with users, management, and service providers to resolve issues, establish requirements for new systems or improvements, and to prepare necessary documentation such as reports, asset registers, training manuals, etc.
- Training users in the proper use of hardware and software
- Performing various research, feasibility studies and cost-benefit analyses to aid management’s decision-making regarding hardware and software upgrades or replacements
- Working with team members to prepare and present periodic reports to management
Skills, qualifications, and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- Comptia A+ and Comptia Network + certifications
- Microsoft Certified Systems Analyst certification
- A minimum of three (3) consecutive years’ experience in an IT support role within a corporate environment
- Knowledge of Windows Server, Office 365 and various email platforms will be an asset
- Excellent communication, problem solving and collaboration abilities.
- Ability to self-manage amidst conflicting deadlines
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, please fill out the form below.