The Accounts Clerk will be responsible for analysing financial information and preparing financial reports to maintain an accurate record of assets, liabilities, profits and losses, tax liability, or other financial activities within the Company.Among other responsibilities, the successful candidate will be expected to perform the following:
- Prepare and keyjournal entries into the Company’s accounting software.
- Reconcile the sub ledgers to the trial balance.
- Prepare schedules to support the balances on the Trial Balance.
- Complete schedules relating to monthly statutory obligations.
- Preparation of supporting journals inclusive of petty cash.
- Prepare weekly and monthly payrolls.
- Monitor accounts receivable and ensuring outstanding receivables are collected in a timely manner.
- Prepare vendor payments according to stipulated guidelines.
- Prepare bank reconciliations.
The candidate of choice must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, business administration or related field
- 3+ years’ proven work experience in the accounting field
- Experience with and skill at using spreadsheet software, including Excel
- Knowledge of Sage 300 will be an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Capable of handling multiple client accounts simultaneously while working in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication and writing skills, and capable of liaising with multiple levels within an organization.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity, please fill out the form below.